NComputing (Thin Client)
If the desktop terminal is Windows 7, 8, 10
1. Sit at a terminal and do a normal installation to C:\Program Files
IMPORTANT: When prompted to install to C:\Program Files (x86) please change the path to install to C:\Program Files instead.
2. Locate the records.ini file from one of the locations below
Windows 7,8,10: C:\ProgramData\DynEd\records.ini
3. Move the records.ini file to C:\Program Files\DynEd
4. Open the records.ini file (c:\program files\dyned\records.ini)
a. Add the following two lines:
b. Set the paths like this:
5. Save the records.ini file with changes.
6. Run UpToDate to make sure that you are running the latest version
If the desktop terminal is running Windows Server OS
- Sit at a client machine. (Not the server - desktop terminal used for NComputing)
- Do a DynEd installation for Network(Installation instructions)
- Browse to the DynEd folder on the server, and open records.ini
- Add the following line to the records.ini: use_user_folder=y
- Save and close the records.ini
- Go to any NComputing device and run the course.
Need more help? Get support and provide details about your issue.