- The Group Password is for non-admin teachers.
- It is used for teachers to logon to the RM and see the list of all classes in the Group.
- Teachers can then access their own class/es by using their personal Teacher Password (See below)
- Certain administrative functions, such as adding or deleting classes, may not be available to those logging on to the Records Manager using the Group Password.
- Group Passwords must have a minimum of 6 characters, and include at least one number and one letter.
- The Administrator Password is only for those entrusted with administrative responsibilities for the Group, such as adding and deleting classes, etc., (depending on the defaults set on the Group Edit screen)
- It is used to logon to the Group and can be used instead of a Teacher Password to access any teacher's class.
- The Administrator Password is required to change or edit Group, Administrator, or Monitor Passwords.
- Administrator Passwords must have a minimum of 6 characters, and include at least one number and one letter.
- The Monitor Password is designed for client HR Managers, school administrators, etc., to be able to view class and student records.
- It can be used to log on to the Group in the Records Manager and enter any class to see student records without using any other passwords.
- Monitor Password users cannot Edit or make any other changes in the Records Manager.
- Monitor Passwords must have a minimum of 6 characters, and include at least one number and one letter.
- The Teacher Password is used by a teacher to access his/her own classes.
- It does not allow access into other teachers' classes.
- A teacher may use the same Teacher Password for all of his/her classes.
- A Teacher Password must have a minimum of 6 characters, and include at least one number and one letter.
- The Student Password is used by students, along with their e-mail address, to log on and study the DynEd courses.
- A Student Password may be any length and any combination of letters and/or numbers.
- When setting up classes, it is sometimes best to leave the Student Password blank and allow students to pick their own. (See Creating or Changing Passwords in DynEd's On-line Records Manager)
- Note: The Teacher, Group or Administrator password can be used instead of the students' password to run the course (s)