Technical Support: Q & A

   English   Español   Tiếng Việt   日本語

Sending Study Records to DynEd

How to send your Student Study Records (Data Folder) to DynEd?

If you would like to have your students’ study records analyzed by DynEd, you must send us your study records. You can either e-mail us the data folder or upload it to an ftp site. You will need to be using either Windows XP or Mac OS 10.3+.


  1. Sit at a client machine on the network.
  2. Find the “DynEd” folder on the file server.
  3. Inside the “DynEd” folder you will find a “Data” folder.
  4. You will need to compress this “Data” folder.
  • Windows XP client - Right click on the “Data” folder and select the “Send To” menu option. Then select the “Compressed (zipped) Folder” option.


  • Mac OS X client – Hold down the Control key and click on the “Data” folder and select the “Create Archive of ‘Data” option.
  • There will now be a compressed copy of the Data folder, called either or
  • Re-name the compressed file using the format:, where YYYYMMDD is the year, month and day. For example: for September 30, 2005.
  • E-mail this renamed file to


You may consider utilizing a USB-based Flash drive to copy the records from the server to a machine that has Internet access. You would still compress the “Data” folder, but rather than e-mailing it, you could copy it to a Flash drive and then take this flash drive to a machine that has Internet access. A 512MB drive should cost less than $30.

Ftp Upload
- Zip up the ..\dyned\data directory
- Rename the to
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Go to this URL:
- You may see a message that says: "WARNING: .: Permission denied"
- Drag the file to the "uploads" window
- Notify that the file is there.

If you have any questions, please contact DynEd’s technical support

Need more help? Get support and provide details about your issue.