Technical Support: Q & A
Speech Recognition fails in MAC OS-X
Please check the following if you are having problems with speech recognition:
- Make sure you are using a good "Head Mounted" microphone
- Confirm that the Microphone is 2-3 inches from your mouth
- Make sure you are not speaking before the computer is listening. Click on the Headphone button after the program has stopped recognition. You should hear your speech recognition attempt. Make sure it "sounds" good to you and that no words are cut off.
- Verify that the correct microphone is selected, the input volume adjusted and the microphone calibrated
Note: Please do not make any sound adjustments while running the course.
Adjusting the sound input volume
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences
- Under "Hardware" click Sound and select "Input"
- Under devices select the input device whose volume you want to control.
- Drag the "Input volume" slider left or right to lower or raise the input volume.
Need more help? Get support and provide details about your issue.